"Unless you have love, you cannot claim kinship with the votaries of God; mere ritualistic exactitude or pompous adoration, or loud acclamation will not entitle you to enter the portals of Go-loka! They are as tin and trash before the treasure-chest of love. Love is the Sri Sathya Sai Seva Samithy which helps passage from birth to death to deathlessness, from death to birthlessness. When you rise from the jeeva-sense to the Dheva-sense (human-ness to God-ness), then, there is no more birth or death. Liberation happens when you love every being so intensely that you are aware of only ONE. Soak your heart in love, soak your acts in righteousness, soak your emotions in compassion; then you attain God soonest." -
Sri Sathya Sai Baba
In order to allow members to derive joy from offering their reverence to Sai, each member family is given an opportunity to offer the flowers, prasadam (food offering) etc. required for the Bhajans. Member families will take turns every week (based on a lot taken at the beginning of the year) to render their offerings. Any one member of this family will have the privilege of offering Aarati to Swami on the day of their turn.
Following items have to be brought in for the offering:
- Enough flowers to decorate two flower-vases that will be placed on either sides of Swami's photo on the Altar.
- Prasadam (food offering) for Swami that will be kept in a silver bowl close to Swami's chair. Usually prasadam consists of fresh fruits (washed in clean water), raisins and/or Satwic food items. Please note that this is an offering for Swami alone. We do not encourage distribution of food/prasadam after Bhajans.
- One unopened bottle of water for offering water to Swami. This will be placed near Swami's chair in a silver glass.
- You may bring a flower garland to be put on Swami's photo but this is not a must.
- Two trays of pasta and 40 juice pouches for donation, as part of
our weekly food donation program.
Please click here for more
If it is your family's turn for the offering, please make sure that you arrive
at least 15 minutes before the start of the program (usually starts at
3:00 PM. Please click here
for the details of our next weekly program). All members of the family should try to attend the program during their turn.
If for some reason you will not be able to make it to the center on the day of your turn, please let the
at least two days before the Bhajans.
Any one member of the family will have the privilege of offering Aarati to Swami on the day of their turn. Aarati must be offered with utmost reverence according to the guidelines given below. While ladies perform Aarati, please make sure that a shawl is used to cover around the shoulders.
to perform Aarati
Full text and meaning of Aarati
Audio of Aarati