Sathya Sai Organization
The Sri Sathya Sai Organization was founded in the 1960s by Sri Sathya Sai Baba to enable its members to undertake service activities as a means to spiritual advancement. The Sathya Sai Organization derives inspiration, guidance and strength from Bhagawan Baba's mission and message of propagating the truth of man's inherent divinity, which is proclaimed and preached by all religions of the world. In consonance with this truth, the Organization has as its main objective selfless love and service without any distinction of religion, nationality, race, socio-economic status, either for those who work in the Organization or for those who are served by them. Thus, it transcends all barriers, leading humanity towards the ideal of "Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man". In fact, this spiritual basis enables every one in the Organization to pursue his own religion better by putting its teachings into practice by way of love and service to the God who dwells in all hearts. That is why the Sai Organization features in its emblem the symbols of some of the major religions of the world. There is no fee or subscription for membership.
Objectives of the Organization
The principal objectives of Sri Sathya Sai
- To help the individual -
- To be aware of the Divinity that is inherent in him and to conduct himself accordingly;
- To translate into practice in daily life, divine love and perfection; and therefore
- To fill one's life with joy, harmony, beauty, grace, human excellence and lasting happiness;
- To ensure that all human relations are governed by the principles of Sathya (Truth), Dharma (Right Conduct), Shanthi (Peace), Prema (Love) and Ahimsa (Non-violence).
- To make devotees more sincere and dedicated in the practice of their respective religions by understanding properly the true spirit of their religion.
How are the Objectives attained?
The above-mentioned objectives are attained in the following manner:
- By observing the four principles laid down by Bhagawan Baba, namely:
- There is only One religion, the religion of Love
- There is only One caste, the caste of humanity
- There is only One language, the language of the Heart
- There is only One God, He is omnipresent.
- By constant remembrance of God and looking upon all creation as a manifestation of Divinity in different forms and shapes;
- By underlining the essential unity of all religions and securing proper understanding of all religions as being based on Love;
- By looking upon all work as service dedicated to the Divine;
- By bringing to bear upon all life's problems, attitudes flowing from Divine Love, such as, understanding, compassion, tolerance, helpfulness, etc.
- By basing all actions on Love of Divinity, fear of sin and steadfast observance of morality in society;
- By engaging in spiritual, educational and service activities, both at the individual and community level, in an organized, systematic manner, without expecting any material reward or appreciation, but solely as a means to win God's Love and Grace.
Activities of the Organization
The Organization undertakes spiritual, educational and service activities under the inspiration and guidance of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba through the Sri Sathya Sai Samithis / Centers all over the globe.
Spiritual activities include devotional singing, study circles, public lectures, seminars, meditation etc.
Educational activities cover 'Bal Vikas' (for children) and Education in Human Values Programmes, besides formal academic education combined with the development of the character of the students for age group of 6 to 15.
Service activities include items such as organizing medical check-up camps, adoption of under-developed villages for accelerating rural development, blood donation, old age homes, etc.
The Sathya Sai Organization is a spiritual organization founded for the benefit of all mankind. It makes no distinction or separateness on the basis of religion, nationality, color or creed. All around the world, members of Sathya Sai Centers, consisting of people of many different faiths and ethnic groups, are seeking spiritual upliftment through dedicating their time and energies for the betterment of mankind.
The fundamental objective of the Organization as laid down by Sai Baba, is to "Awaken in man the awareness of the Divinity inherent in him" by propagating, through practice and example, the basic principles of Truth (Sathya), Righteousness (Dharma), Peace (Shanti), Love (Prema) and Non-Violence.
Baba says that "I have not come to destroy or disturb your faith or vocation. I desire to confirm your faith and sublimate your desires. I have come to make everyone realize the One God within each, to urge everyone to live in Peace, Harmony and Love and to prompt everyone to strive for the happiness of one another". "I have come to reconstruct the ancient highway to God. My task is spiritual regeneration of humanity through truth and love."
The Organization is there to serve as a vehicle for people to carry out spiritual and service activities so as to uplift themselves. In the company of others who are on a like spiritual path, it helps one to become aware of the omnipresent responsive force operating in our daily lives. One is thereby enabled to find inner peace, notwithstanding the stresses and strains, defeats and success, the ups and downs of life, and eventually to discover one's own innate divinity and regain self-confidence and faith in God.
The Sathya Sai Organization is not an evangelical or proselytizing organization.
The inspiration of Sathya Sai Baba's example and message of unselfish love and service has resulted in the establishment of over 1,200 Sathya Sai Baba Centers in 114 countries throughout the world. The Sathya Sai Baba Centers constitute a genuine spiritual movement. We are moving away from body consciousness and selfishness to God consciousness and selflessness. We are moving away from a world in which force maintains order, away from a world in which selfish goals are the foundation of human interactions and institutions. We are moving toward a world where acknowledgement of and love for God results in the harmonious and loving interaction of all members of the holy human family. Love is the fuel for our spiritual movement. The quality and constancy of our love determines the speed and duration of our journey.
The members of Sathya Sai Centers are united by a common bond --love of God-- and a common goal --spiritual growth. Center activities include the study of the teachings of Sathya Sai Baba and the sacred literature of all religions, group devotional singing, spiritual meditation, and selfless service to the community, society, the world, and the environment. The membership includes people from all walks of life, and the Center programs are compatible with all the major religions. There is never a fee for membership in a Sathya Sai Baba Center, and members are never required to purchase books or materials. Donations are never solicited
"The main objective of the Sathya Sai Organization ... is to help you recognize the divinity inherent in you. So, your duty is to emphasize the One, to experience the One in all you do or speak. Do not give importance to differences of religion, sect, status, or color. Have the feeling of one-ness permeate all your acts. Only those who do so have a place in this Organization; the rest can withdraw." - Baba
"The Organizations named after Me are not to be used for publicizing My Name or for creating a new cult around My worship. They must try to spread interest in prayer, meditation and other spiritual practices which lead man Godward. They must demonstrate the joy that can be derived from singing and remembering the Lord's name, the peace that one can draw from good company. They must render services to the helpless, the sick, the distressed, the illiterate and the needy. The service must seek no reward." - Baba
Please click here to visit the
International Sai Organization Website